Olive Oil ExtV
Prep - (45 min)
Run - (1 hr)
- Preheat Oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Trim stem ends from MUSHROOMS and slice vertically just a bit
thicker than 1/8 inch.
- Peel POTATOES and cut into quarters lengthwise if large. Slice
crosswise about 1/4 inch thick.
- Crush GARLIC and chop fine. Chop PARSLEY and BASIL
fairly coarse. Grate ROMANO. Mix all with Breadcrumbs,
Salt and Pepper.
- In an oven-proof dish about 10 inches in diameter, pour 1 T Olive
Oil and wipe it all over the bottom and sides. Arrange half the
Potato slices tightly in a single layer in the bottom. Sprinkle
lightly with salt, then arrange half the mushrooms over them. Sprinkle
half the Herb Mix over those. Pour 2 T Olive
Oil over the layer.
- Repeat with the remaining Potatoes, Mushrooms and
Herb mix. Pour 3 T Olive Oil over the top and cover with
Aluminum Foil (see Note-3).
- Bake at 350°F/175°C for about 45 minutes, then remove the
foil and bake another 15 minutes or until lightly browned. If pre-made
and refrigerated, let it warm to room temperature before going into the
- Serve warm. You can serve in the baking dish, or scooped out into a
warmer (more practical for buffet), or in individual servings.