Stock, light (2)
Olive Oil, ExtV
Prep - (35 min)
Run - (25 min)
- Peel POTATOES and cut into largish chunks. Put in a saucepan
with 5 cups Stock, bring to a boil and simmer covered 30 minutes.
- Put Potatoes in a food processor (a mini-prep is fine) with half
the stock and run to a purée. Return to the saucepan with the
rest of the stock.
- Soften Butter, divide into bits and whip into the potato
- Cut LEEK down to white and light green. Split from
just above the root and spread leaves enough to rinse out any mud. Slice
- Slice SQUASH into pieces about 1/2 inch thick and cut to
appropriate size. If 1-1/2 inch rounds or smaller halves should be good,
quarters if larger.
- Cut CHICKEN and HAM into narrow strips. Mix.
- In a skillet, heat Olive Oil and Butter. Fry Leek
stirring until a little limp, then add Squash and continue to
fry, tumbling now and then, until squash is getting tender, but no
- Stir Squash mix into Potato mix but don't clean the
- Add 1 T Butter to the skillet and fry Chicken mix until Chicken
is cooked through, then add to the pot.
- Bring pot to a simmer and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with Salt and Pepper. Adjust liquid if
needed. Stir in the Cream and bring back to a simmer stirring.
- Serve hot garnished with Fennel Leaves.