Chicken meat (1)
Sage leaf, fresh
Port or Marsala
-- Side dish
Prep - (10 min)
Run - (20 min)
- Slice PORK and CHICKEN into strips about 1/4" thick.
- Cut BACON into small pieces
- Chill the Stock and stir in the Cornstarch.
- In a heavy skillet, heat Olive Oil and Butter over
moderate heat. Squash the GARLIC flat and add it, the Sage
Leaves and the Bacon to the oil. Fry stirring until butter
shows just a hint of color, then add the Pork Chicken mix and
tumble it well.
- Continue to fry over moderate heat tumbling frequently until you have
a fond coating the bottom of the pan and the meat shows a touch
- Stir in the Port and scrape up all the fond with a spatula
so it dissolves into the port. When the port is nearly evaporated stir up
the Chicken Stock mix to rouse the cornstarch and stir it into the
- Simmer uncovered tumbling frequently until the stock reaches a light
sauce consistency (not too thick) and starts to coat the meat. Season to
taste with Salt and Pepper, stir in Worcestershire
Sauce, cover and keep warm until needed.
- Serve hot with a side of Potatoes simply cooked and seasoned.
They will pick up some of the sauce from the meat for additional