Chicken Meat (1)
Prep - (1-1/2 to 3 hrs depending - 20 min work)
Run - (40 min)
- Prepare CHICKEN, cut into large bite size pieces, or as
desired (see Note-1).
- Squeeze LEMON JUICE. Crush GARLIC and chop fine.
Mix all Marinade items, then massage into Chicken
(in a non-reactive bowl). Set aside about 1-1/2 hrs in a cool place,
or about 3 hrs in the fridge.
- Dilute TOMATO PASTE with Water. Chop TOMATOES
coarse, retaining all liquid. Mix together all Sauce Items,
including the Tomato Liquid.
- Quarter ONION lengthwise and slice thin crosswise.
- Grate Kefalotyri for garnish.
- Drain Chicken very well, retaining all the marinade.
- In a saucepan, bring the Sauce to a simmer, cover and simmer
slowly while doing the next step.
- In a spacious skillet or sauté pan, heat Olive Oil.
Stir in Chicken and fry tumbling often until all the exuded
liquid has evaporated, then stir in Onions. Continue to fry,
tumbling often, until chicken is lightly browned. Be careful the fond
that sticks to the pan does not burn.
- Stir Chicken and Onions into the sauce, along with
reserved Marinade. Use some of the sauce to deglaze the
pan and return to the pot. Simmer for about 40 minutes or until Chicken
- Meanwhile: timing so the chicken will done before the
pasta is done, bring plenty of salted water to a boil and cook
Pasta the usual way until done (see Note-4).
Drain, return to the pot and stir in a few drops of Olive Oil
to keep it from sticking (see Note-5).
- To serve: use tongs to place Pasta onto plates. Top with
some pieces of Chicken and a scoop of Sauce. Serve hot
with grated Kefalotkyri on the side.