Olive Oil ExtV
Wine white dry
Prep - (25 min)
Run - (35 min)
- Dice the PORK very small, a bit less than 1/4 inch.
- Chop ONION fine.
- Warm the Stock and let 1/3 gram (that's a largish pinch) of
Saffron steep in it for 20 minutes or so, then mix with
Cream and chill.
- Drain Capers.
- Melt Butter, add Olive Oil and fry the Onion
over moderate heat until somewhat softened. Add Pork and
continue to fry stirring and breaking up lumps for as long as you
can without the onions browning at all.
- Stir in the Wine and continue stirring frequently until
the wine has evaporated and the ingredients start to fry again.
- Stir in Flour and fry stirring a couple minutes until it
is cooked but not browned.
- Stir in cold Stock mix and Capers. Bring back to a
simmer and simmer uncovered until the sauce is creamy but not too
- Season with Salt and Pepper and stir in
Worcestershire Sauce, cover and keep warm.
- Serve warm over warm pasta in individual dishes.