Chicken Meat (1)
Wine, white dry
Prep - (20 min)
Run - (40 min)
- Select a few small SHRIMP for garnish, one per serving.
This is more practical than garnishing with a chicken. Simmer them
in a little water for a few minutes to cook. Set aside.
- Chop CHICKEN fairly small. Chop SHRIMP fairly small.
- Chop ONION small.
- Chop PARSLEY coarse for garnish.
- Fry Onion in Butter over moderate heat, stirring
until translucent, then add Chicken mix and continue to
fry stirring and breaking up lumps until the onions threaten to show
- Stir in the Cognac, and when it has mostly evaporated stir
in the Wine. Fry stirring over moderate heat until evaporated
and the ingredients start to fry again.
- Sprinkle on the Flour and fry stirring a couple minutes
until it is cooked but not browned.
- Stir in the Stock and Cream. Bring to a simmer for
5 minutes or so.
- Let cool a bit and run in the food processor with the sharp blade
until quite fine. I use the mini-prep in two batches.
- Bring back almost to a simmer. Adjust consistency, adding boiling
water if needed, and season to taste with Salt &
- Serve warm over warm pasta, garnished with Parsley and Whole