Orzo (3-1/4 oz)
Green Bell Pepper
Olives Black (2)
Olive Oil extV
Make - (2 hres - 45 min work)
- Cook ORZO in salted boiling water like for any other pasta,
making sure you don't overcook it. Drain, mix in a little Olive Oil
to keep it from sticking together and chill.
- Cut CUCUMBERS in lengthwise quarters. (peel and remove seeds
if using green blimps) and slice crosswise about 1/8 inch thick. Place
in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Let sit for a half hour or so,
tumbling now and them.
- Scald TOMATOES 1 minute in boiling water, quench in cold
water, peel and dice small. Drain well but do not squeeze (much of
the flavor is in the jelly surrounding the seeds).
- Dice GREEN PEPPER small. Pit OLIVES and slice. Dice
ONION small. Chop OREGANO fine. Mix all together.
- Rinse Cucumbers lightly and drain well.. Mix into the salad,
followed by the Tomatoes.
- Grind Peppercorns and add to salad. Mix in Olive Oil,
then Lemon Juice.
- Stir in the Orzo until well mixed. Crumble the Feta
and stir in lightly.
- Set aside for a while in a cool place (or a bit longer in the
fridge), turning occasionally.
- Serve cool but not refrigerator cold.