Broth or Water (2)
Prep - (20 min)
Run - (35 min)
- Rinse RICE well and drain thoroughly.
- Scald TOMATOES 1 minute in boiling water. Quench in cold
water, peel and chop coarse.
- Chop ONION coarse.
- Crush GARLIC.
- Place all Sauce items in a food processor and process as
fine as it will go. For a single recipe I use my mini-prep processor.
- Dice JALAPEÑO similar in size to peas. I usually have
blasted it black with a propane torch and brushed off the skin, but
this is optional.
- Dice CARROT (if used) about the size of Peas.
- Pour Sauce into a 2 cup measure. Adjust with broth until
you have exactly 2 cups. Then add 4 or 5 Tablespoons of broth,
depending on your rice.
- In a coverable sauté pan (a 2 quart is ample) heat
Oil and fry Rice stirring almost constantly over
moderate heat until the rice takes on a light golden color - 8 to
- Stir together All Ingredients. Bring to a boil, then cover
tightly and leave over very low heat for about 15 minutes. The rice
is done when all the water has been absorbed.
- Turn off heat and let the rice rest for 10 minutes. Pull out the
herbs and serve hot.