Corn Kernels (3)
Prep - (20 min)
Run - (35 min)
- Rinse RICE well and drain thoroughly.
- Blast POBLANOS black with your propane torch and brush off
the skins under running water. Remove stems and seeds and chop
- Chop ONION coarse.
- Crush GARLIC.
- Place all Sauce items in a food processor and process as
fine as it will go. For a single recipe I use my mini-prep processor.
- Place Sauce in a 2-cup measure and add water until you have
exactly 2 cups. Then add 3 to 4 Tablespoons of water, depending on
- In a coverable sauté pan (a 2 quart is ample) heat
Oil and fry Rice stirring almost constantly over
moderate heat until the rice takes on a light golden color - 8 to
10 minutes. Caution: it should be very even and no darker than
- Stir in Sauce, Corn and Salt. Bring to a
boil, then cover tightly and leave over very low heat for about 15
minutes. The rice is done when all the water has been absorbed.
- Turn off heat and let the rice rest for 10 minutes. Serve hot.