Chili Serrano (2)
Olives, Black (3)
Olive Oil, ExtV
Wine Vinegar, red
Queso Asadero (4)
Make - (25 min)
- Use your propane torch to burn the spines off the NOPALES.
Scrape with the back side of your prep knife to remove the spine
roots. Trim off the thick stem end and the edges (which may not
be scraped well). Cut into thin strips about 1-1/2 inches long.
For details and method see our
- Bring some heavily salted water to a boil and cook the strips until
tender but still just a bit crunchy (5 to 7 minutes). Drain and
rinse well under cold running water. Drain well.
- With your propane torch, blast Serranos black. Brush off
the charred skins under running water. Cut off stem end and chop
fine. Add to Cactus.
- Slice ONION into quarters lengthwise and slice thin
crosswise. Add to Cactus.
- Dice TOMATOES about 1/2 inch on a side. Add to Cactus.
- Slice OLIVES in thirds crosswise. Add to Cactus.
- Chop CILANTRO medium. Add to Cactus along with
- Put Olive Oil, Vinegar and Salt in a small
jar so the dressing can be shaken vigorously before pouring.
- Tumble Salad until components are well distributed. Shake
up Dressing and pour over. Tumble to distribute evenly. Refrigerate
until needed (overnight is OK).
- Grate CHEESE for garnish.
- Place in bowls, garnished with Cheese.