Jalapeno chili (2)
Prep - (20 min)
Run - (35 min)
- Cut CHORIZO from its casing and break into large chunks.
- Chop ONION medium.
- peel POTATOES and dice 1/2 to 3/4 inch (see
- Scald TOMATOES 1 minute in boiling water, peel and cut into
large dice. Mix with Potatoes.
- Blacken BELL PEPPER and CHILI with your propane
torch. Rub off the skins under cold running water. Dice
Bell Pepper fairly large, Chili quite small. Mix
- Chop CILANTRO and more ONION for garnish. Keep
separate or mix as you desire.
- Beat EGGS lightly.
- Heat OIL in a spacious sauté pan or wok and fry
Chorizo until lightly browned, crumbling it into smaller chunks
as it fries. Remove it from the pan leaving the oil.
- Adjust oil. If your chorizo has exuded a lot remove all but about
2 T. If there is little add Olive Oil to make about 2 T.
- Fry Onions until they show a touch of color, then stir in
Potato Mix. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally,
until potatoes are reasonably tender. Cover as necessary so it
doesn't dry out, but the mix should end up just moist.
- Stir in Chorizo and then Eggs. Turn over a few times
over moderate heat until eggs are set - do not overcook. Season to
taste with Salt and Pepper.
- Serve garnished with Cilantro leaves and Chopped Onion.