-- Serve with
Prep - (20 min)
Run - (1 hr - with moderate attention)
- Dice POTATOES into 1/4 inch cubes. Keep them in cold water
- Dice BEEF and HAM into 1/4 inch cubes. Mix.
- Chop ONION fine.
- Chop PARSLEY fine.
- Drain Potatoes and dry them as well as you can. I just run
them in the salad spinner, but spreading them out on paper towels
- In a spacious (12 inch is good) well seasoned skillet, melt
Butter and Oil. Fry Potatoes over very moderate
heat, turning frequently until golden brown and crispy, then remove
them from the pan.
- Add a little more butter and oil if needed (it probably will be),
then fry Onions until translucent but not at all browned.
- Stir in Diced Meat and fry turning often until there is some
- Stir the Potatoes back in until warmed through, then stir in
Parsley, Salt and Pepper.
- Serve hot on warmed plates, with an Egg for each serving
(see Note-2 and Note-3).