Calf Feet (1)
Beef Tripe (2)
Pacha Option (4)
Lamb Tongues (5)
Chili or Paprika (6)
Pickles, etc. (8)
Vodka, lots of it
- Put thoroughly cleaned and cut CALF FEET and TRIPE into
a big pot and cover well with cold water. Change the water often for
between 4 and 8 hours (see Note-3).
- Place Calf Feet in a suitable pot, add water to cover
and bring to a boil. Skim off any sludge that rises to the surface. The
feet will first expand, sticking out of the water, and later soften and
- Cut Tripe into about 1 inch squares. In a separate
pot bring to a boil for 5 minutes, then discard water and wash pot.
Return to the pot with fresh water to cover and a few lemon slices or
a little citric acid. Bring to a boil for about 10 minutes. Again
rinse and then add to the main pot.
- Peel GARLIC and crush cloves lightly. Add to pot.
- Keep the pot at a simmer for 10 to 12 hours, skimming as needed
- When cooking time is over, remove the feet from the broth (see
Note-8 for alternative). Strip all the soft material
from the bones and discard the bones. Return the soft material to the
main pot. Add Salt to taste.
- Place condiments on the table and serve in individual bowls.
See Note-8 for serving options.
- PACHA OPTION: In a separate pot simmer LAMB TONGUES
in water until the skin can be peeled off easily, about 2 hours.
Peel, remove all fat and cut into small cubes. Add to the main pot when
the feet are nearly done. When everything else is completely done, skim
some fat from the top of the main pot and use it to fry the CHILI
until well incorporated, then stir back into the main pot. If there
is no fat use oil.