Bulgur Wheat #3
Tomatoes, can (1)
Tabasco Sauce (1)
- Wash LETTUCE, tear into largish pieces and spin dry.
- Chop PARSLEY small. Yes, that's a lot of parsley, but not
unusual in Turkish cooking.
- Chop TOMATOES small and mix with juice (1).
- Slice SCALLIONS thin including green part, chop GARLIC
very fine and mix.
- Squeeze LEMON JUICE.
- Cut LEMON WEDGES for garnish.
- Heat Olive Oil and fry Scallion & Garlic until soft
but not at all browned.
- Add BULGUR and stir until well coated with oil, then stir in
Water and Tomatoes (or Turkish hot sauce if it's what
you're using). Bring to a simmer and cook covered until bulgur is
tender but not mushy. Check and stir often adding water as needed.
- When bulgur is done, stir in Parsley, Lemon Juice and
season with Salt, Pepper and a liberal sprinkling of
Tabasco Sauce (if not using Turkish hot sauce, or maybe anyway).
- Serve on a bed of Lettuce Leaves with Lemon Wedges
on the side.