Sour Plums (1)
Chili Powder (2)
Mint, fresh (3)
Prep - (50 minutes)
Run - (20 min)
- Cut PLUMS in half and remove seeds (I twist them in half,
then use a narrow grapefruit spoon to scoop out the seeds. Place
them in a sauce pan with 1/4 c water (I usually cut them in quarters).
Simmer covered for 20 minutes or until the plums are very soft.
Caution: Use a sauce pan with plenty of head room and
take care with the heat, the plums will foam way up near the end of
- Separate the pulp from the skins and Purée the plums as
needed (see Note-4).
- Crush GARLIC and chop fine. Place in a mortar with
Salt and pound to a paste. Grind Spices in your
spice grinder and mix with the Garlic.
- Chop Mint and Cilantro very fine. Mix.
- Put Puréed Plums in a sauce pan. Bring to a simmer
for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in Seasonings mix and simmer 5 minutes or until you
have a medium sauce consistency.
- Stir in Herb mix and take off heat.
- Pack into a jar. In a tightly sealed jar this sauce should keep
at least a week in the fridge.