Pork belly (1)
Souring Agent (3)
Prep - (45 min)
Run - (55 min)
- Cut PORK BELLY into sticks about 3/8 x 3/8 or 1/2 x 1/2 inch
square and the length the slab is thick (or the width of the slices).
Each stick should have skin on the end.
- Remove hard outer leave of LEMON GRASS stalks. Cut off
hard root end. Bruise the bottom 6 inches of each with your
kitchen mallet, then cut the bruised section into 2 inch pieces.
Discard the top section.
- Quarter (or half if small) SHALLOTS and peel. Peel
GARLIC. If large, cut cloves in half lengthwise. Mix
(measures are after peeling and cutting).
- In a 3 quart pot, bring WATER to a boil. Stir in
Pork belly, Turmeric, Lemongrass and
Salt. Bring back to a boil and hold at a slow boil
until Pork is done, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in Shallot mix. Bring back to a boil and hold at
a slow boil for 15 minutes.
- Stir in Souring Agent, 2 minutes for Lime Juice, 10
minutes for others.
- Serve with steamed Jasmine rice .