Mung Beans, dry
Bittermelon Leaf (1)
Make - (1-3/4 hr 35 min work)
- Wash MUNG BEANS, discarding floaters and pebbles. Place in
a saucepan with 2-1/2 cups Water, bring to a boil and simmer until
no longer hard, 30 to 50 minutes depending on age.
- Cut PORK into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Peel SHRIMP. You can leave them whole or cut them into
3/4 inch pieces depending on size and your preference.
- Wash MELON LEAVES. Pick leaves and tender tips from stems and
chop coarse. Measure is lighly packed before chopping, about 1-3/4
- Crush GARLIC and chop small. Quarter ONION lengthwise
and slice medium. Chop GINGER very fine. Mix.
- Chop TOMATO small. I peel before choping but that's not
- When Mung Beans are done, drain.
- Heat Oil in a wok or spacious sauté pan. Fry
Onion Mix until onions are translucent.
- Stir in Pork, then Tomatoes. Cook stirring until the
liquid is evaporated and it's all frying again.
- Stir in Mung Beans, Stock, Fish Sauce and
Salt. Bring to a boil and simmer covered about 20 minutes.
- Stir in Melon Leaves and Shrimp. Bring to a boil and
simmer another 5 minutes.