Bean Threads (1)
Black Fungus (2)
Cilantro stems (3)
Prep - (30 min)
Run - (15 min)
- Soak BEAN THREADS in warm water for 1/2 hour, drain. Pile them
on the cutting board and make a few cuts through at right angles so
the pieces are 1-1/2 to 2 inches long. You should have about 1 cup.
- Soak BLACK FUNGUS in warm water for 1/2 hour. Pinch off any
hard attachment points and tear into convenient pieces. You should have
about 2 ounces.
- Cut SHRIMP or leave them whole depending on size and your
- Slice Pork fairly thin and cut into small pieces.
- Chop CILANTRO STEMS fine. Crush GARLIC and chop fine.
Mix with Peppercorns and pound to a paste in a mortar.
- Slice SCALLIONS thin for garnish, white and green.
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan or spacious sauté pan, heat
Oil and fry Garlic mix until aromatic, but no
- Stir in Pork and fry stirring until it has lost all it's
raw color, then stir in Shrimp for 2 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup Stock, the Noodles and
Black Fungus stirring until well mixed. Stir in remaining
Stock and Fish Sauce. Bring up to a boil, then take
off the heat.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped Scallions.