Malabar Spinach (1)
Chili, red (2)
Kaffir Lime leaf (4)
Coconut Cream (5)
Prep - (15 min)
Run (10 min)
- Rinse SPINACH and shake off excess water. Break tendrils into
convenient lengths, separating large leaves and tearing really large
ones into two or three pieces. Discard stems 1/4 inch diameter or
larger and any that seem fibrous.
- Slice SCALLION into thin rings, white and green, and add to
- Crush GARLIC, slice and chop very fine.
- Cap Chili and cut into fine slivers.
- Slice GALANGAL thin and rumple Lime Leaves.
- Squeeze LIME JUICE.
- In a sauce pan combine Coconut Cream, Salt,
Galangal and Lime Leaves. Bring to a slow simmer -
carefully or it'll foam all over your stove. Cover and let simmer over
very low heat for 10 minutes or so to infuse the flavors.
- Heat OIL. preferably in a wok, but a spacious sauté pan
will work. Fry Garlic stirring until it starts to color, then
stir in Chili for a 15 seconds or so.
- Stir in Spinach and fry stirring just until wilted and a
uniform cooked color - don't overcook. Pour off excess liquid if there
- Pour in Coconut Cream, through a strainer to remove solids,
and stir until well incorporated with the spinach.
- Bring back to a simmer, then stir in Lime Juice and take off
- Serve warm with plenty of steamed Jasmine rice.