Long Beans (1)
Eggplant Thai (2)
Bamboo Shoots (3)
Chili, Thai (4)
Basil Leaves, Thai (5)
Red Curry Paste (6)
Fish Sauce (7)
Prep - (25 min)
Run - (15 min)
- Slice PORK thin and cut into strips about 1-1/2" long by
3/4" or so.
- Cut LONG BEANS into lengths of about 1-1/2". Cut
EGGPLANTS in half if quite small, quarters if larger and
3/4" cubes if larger types are used. Leave skin on unless using the
big Globe Eggplants. Slice BAMBOO SHOOTS into strips about 2"
long by 3/4" wide, mix all.
- Slice CHILIS diagonally into thin ovals.
- Pull BASIL LEAVES from their stems and set to soak in cold
water (this way they stay green longer).
- In a large sauté pan heat Oil over moderate flame
and stir in Red Curry Paste until aromatic and blended with
- Stir in Pork and fry stirring over high heat until all raw
color is gone and any exuded liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in Stock and Water. Bring back to a boil, then
stir in the Fish Sauce and Vegetable Mix. Simmer until
vegetables are crisp tender - don't overcook.
- Stir in Chili, then drained Basil and take off the
- Serve hot or warm with rice.