Malabar Spinach (2)
Red Chili fresh (3)
Oyster Sauce (4)
Prep - (35 min)
Run - (8 min)
- Slice MUSHROOMS about 1/8 inch thick. If using fresh
Shitakes, after slicing soak in hot water about 20 minutes, then
wring them out. This greatly improves their texture.
- Slice PORK into medallions about 1/8 inch thick.
- Rinse SPINACH and shake off excess water. Break tendrils into
convenient lengths, separating large leaves and tearing really large
ones into pieces. Discard stems larger than 1/4 inch diameter and
any that seem fibrous.
- Chop GARLIC fine.
- Core CHILIS and slice thin.
- Mix together Stock, Fish Sauce and Oyster Sauce.
- In a wok or spacious sauté pan heat Oil and fry
Garlic until it is just starts to color. Stir in
Pork and fry stirring for a couple of minutes, then stir in
Mushrooms and continue to fry stirring until the raw color
is completely gone and pork is cooked through.
- Stir in Spinach just until coated with oil, then stir in
Stock mix. Cook tumbling gently over moderate heat until Spinach
is a uniform cooked color. Do not overcook or it will become slimy.
Near the end of cooking stir in Chilis.
- Serve with plenty of steamed Jasmine rice.