Pork Liver (1)
Red Dates (2)
Oil, Gingelly (4)
Rice Wine (5)
Soy Sauce, dark
Prep - (20 min)
RUN (7 minutes)
- Slice PORK LIVER thin, less than 1/4 inch. Slicing is
easier if you leave it in the freezer compartment until stiff
but not frozen.
- Soak RED DATES and WOLFBERRIES in warm water for 15
minutes, then drain. Split Dates open lengthwise to remove
seeds and mix back with Wolfberries.
- Cut SCALLIONS into 3 inch lengths.
- Cut ONION lengthwise into thick slices, then cut the slices
in half crosswise. Slice GINGER very thin and chop fine. Mix.
- Mix Cornstarch with Water.
- Heat Oil (not too hot if using gingelly oil), Stir in the
Onion mix and fry stirring until onion slices are just
- Stir in Red Date mix for about a minute, then Pork Liver
and 1/2 the Scallions (the rest are for garnish). Stir to mix,
then stir in Rice Wine and Soy Sauce. Cook over fairly
high heat until sauce comes to a boil, then stir in Cornstarch
mix until sauce starts to thicken - about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately, garnishd with remaining Scallions and with
plenty of steamed jasmine rice.