Chili, yellow-green (1)
Bean Threads (2)
Chicken Powder (3)
Banana Leaf (4)
Prep - (40 min with hand chopped pork)
Run - (15 min)
- Soak CHILIS in warm water for about 5 minutes. See how they
like to lie, and cut a slit down the top side for almost the full
length. Carefully remove core and seeds.
- Chop PORK very fine. If using machinery, do not chop to
- Soak BEAN THREADS in cool water for about 15 minutes. You
should end up with 1 cup drained. Stretch them out on your cutting
board and cut into about 2 inch lengths.
- Chop SCALLIONS fine.
- Mix all Stuffing items until well distributed. Stir in
all Seasonings Items until well distributed.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes to firm up a little.
- Stuff each Chili with Stuffing mix. Use kitchen
shears to cut off bean threads that are sticking out.
- Line your steamer basket with Banana Leaf. Arrange the
stuffed Chilis on it so they don't quite touch (see
Photos for my rig.
- Pour Water into the steamer pan to about 1 inch
below the bottom of the basket. Place the basket over it and
cover. Bring to a light boil and steam the chilis until done, 20
to 30 minutes depending on size. Check that you don't run out of
- Remove Chilis from the steamer. Cut in 1 inch to 1-1/2
inch lengths, depending on size. Arrange on a serving tray and
serve with rice and dipping sauce of your choice.