Choy - any (2)
Red Chili fresh (3)
Yellow Bean Sauce (4)
Lime Juice fresh
Prep - (20 minutes)
Run - (12 min)
- Slice MUSHROOMS about 1/8 inch thick. If fresh Shitakes soak
the slices in water about 20 minutes, then squeeze them dry.
- Slice PORK into medallions about 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut CHOY into attractive bite-size pieces. If stems are thick
enough to need more cooking (most larger choy) keep separate from leaves
and tender tips.
- Crush GARLIC and chop fine.
- Core CHILIS and slice very thin.
- squeeze LIME JUICE.
- In a wok or spacious sauté pan heat Oil and fry
Garlic gently until it is just starts to color. Stir in
Pork and fry stirring until the raw color is completely gone
and any exuded liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in Mushrooms and Choy Stems (if held separate)
and fry stirring for 2 to 4 minutes depending on toughness and
- Stir in Leaves until coated with oil, then stir in
Stock and Yellow Bean Sauce until well mixed.
- Simmer covered for as long as your particular choy stems need to
be just crisp tender, then stir in Chilis.
- Turn off heat and stir in Lime Juice. Serve with plenty of
steamed Jasmine rice.