Rice Noodles, wide (1)
Broccoli, Chinese (2)
Fish Sauce (3)
-- Serve with
Tik Marij -or- (5)
Chili Garlic sauce (6)
- If RICE NOODLES are fresh cut 3/4 inch wide and separate strands.
If dried, soak in very warm water water for 25 minutes or so
- Slice PORK thin and cut into medallions about 1 inch by 2
- Remove BROCCOLI leaves and tender flower heads from the stems
and tear into pieces about 1 inch on a side. Cut stems diagonally about
1/4 inch at the thick end increasing to 1 inch at the thin end. Keep
leaves separate from stems.
- Crush GARLIC and chop small.
- Shell EGGS and break up yolks.
- Mix together all Sauce items.
- Mix Cornstarch with 1 T Water.
- Have everything ready - this will go fast.
- In a wok or spacious sauté pan heat Oil and fry
Garlic until it shows a little color, then stir in
Pork. Fry stirring until it has completely lost its raw
- Push pork up the sides and pour in Eggs. Let them set up some
(you don't want them too jumbled), then gently stir the pork into
- Stir in the Stock mix, then the Broccoli stems. Cover
and simmer until stems are starting to get tender, then stir in the
leaves. Cover and simmer a few minutes until stems are crisp tender.
- Stir up the Cornstarch mix to make sure it's suspended, then
stir into the pan until well distributed.
- Stir in the Rice Noodles and stir the minimum needed to get
them well incorporated and hot. If you used dry noodles stir a few
seconds longer until they are tender.
- Serve immediately.