Thai Chili (1)
Fish Sauce (2)
-- Serve With
Chili Vinegar (3)
Prep - (25 min)
Run - (15 min)
- Cut BEEF across the grain into thin strips 2 to 3 inches long
and 1/2 inch or so wide. This is easiest if the meat is put in the freezer
compartment until a bit stiff.
- Cut ZUCCHINI into juliennes about 2 inches long.
- Cut SCALLIONS diagonally into 1 inch lengths, white and green.
- Crush GARLIC, slice and chop fine. Slice GINGER thin
and chop fine. Chop CHILIS fine. Mix all.
- Strip tough outer leaves from LEMON GRASS and cut off hard
root end. Smash the bottom third with your kitchen mallet and slice
the smashed part crosswise very thin. Chop fine and mix with
- Squeeze LIME JUICE.
- In a wok or spacious sauté pan heat 1 T OIL over
moderate heat and fry Zucchini stirring until crisp tender.
Remove with a slotted spoon leaving all oil behind.
- Stir in Scallions and fry stirring for about 1-1/2 minutes.
Remove with a slotted spoon and add to Zucchini.
- Add 1/2 T Oil and stir in Garlic Mix. Fry stirring
until aromatic, then, turn heat to very high and stir in the
Beef. Fry stirring until beef has completely lost its raw
color, any exuded liquid has evaporated, and the beef is frying
- Stir in Fish Sauce and fry stirring for a minute or so, then
stir in Zucchini and Scallions until well distributed.
- Stir in the Lime Juice and immediately take off the heat.
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve with plenty of steamed