Beef lean (1)
Chili, dry (2)
Dark Soy (4)
Prep - (2 hrs - 20 min work)
Run - (3/4 hr)
- Place BEEF in a pot with water to just cover. Bring to a
boil, then simmer until nearly done - about 1 hour for chuck, 1-1/2
hour for round. Remove from the broth, reserving broth. Cool well,
then cut into 1 inch cubes.
- De-fat Broth using your gravy separator. Boil it down by
about half to concentrate.
- Bring plenty of water to a boil. Scald TOMATOES for 1
minute and peel. Chop small.
- Chop ONION small.
- Slice GINGER very thin and chop fine. Crush GARLIC
and chop fine. Grind Chilis. Mix all.
- Prepare Tamarind if not paste.
- In a spacious sauté pan or wok, heat Oil and fry
Onions, stirring until translucent, then stir in Ginger mix.
Fry stirring for a minute.
- Stir in Beef Cubes. Fry stirring until Garlic threatens to
burn to the pan.
- Stir in Tomatoes, 1 cup of the Broth, Tamarind,
Salt and Soy Sauce. Simmer uncovered until you have the
sauce consistency you want - not too stiff.
- Serve hot with plenty of steamed Jasmine rice.