Prep - (1/2 hours)
Run - (1-1/2 hour)
- Trim BEEF of any excess fat and cut into 1 inch cubes. Sprinkle
with Salt and Pepper, toss to coat evenly and let sit for
about 15 minutes.
- Peel ONION and chop medium, Crush GARLIC and chop small.
- Scald TOMATOES 1 minute in boiling water, quench in cold
water, peel and chop coarse.
- Stem GREEN BEANS and cut into 1 inch lengths. Cut CARROTS
lengthwise into strips about the same size as the green beans, then
cut into 1 inch lengths. Mix.
- Dredge Beef through Flour to coat very lightly, shaking
off any excess.
- Heat oil in a large coverable sauté pan and fry Beef
over moderately high heat stirring until lightly browned. Continuously
scrape up any flour that sticks to the pan and be careful it doesn't
burn at all. Remove the beef from the oil when done and set aside.
- Stir Onion mix into the same oil, then add Tomatoes and
fry stirring until both are softened.
- Stir Beef back in, then Vinegar and enough Water
to barely cover the beef. Stir in Bay Leaves, cover, and simmer
for about 1 hour until beef is tender. Stir occasionally and check
liquid, it shouldn't get too thick.
- Stir in Green Bean mix, check liquid and bring back to a
simmer. Cover and simmer stirring occasionally for another 10 minutes
until beans and carrots are crisp tender.
- Check seasoning and serve hot, accompanied by steamed Jasmine rice.