Bell Pepper green
Bell Pepper red
Thai Chilis (2)
Green Peas, frozen
Green Olives (3)
Palm Sugar (4)
Eggs, hard boiled
Prep - (2 hours)
Run - (1-3/4 hour)
- Trim BEEF of any excess fat and cut into 1 inch cubes. Crush
GARLIC and chop very fine, crush PEPPERCORNS and mix all
with Vinegar. Let marinate, turning over a couple times, for 1 to
- Cut ONION in half lengthwise and slice crosswise into medium
- Peel POTATOES and cut into generous bite size pieces.
- Skin TOMATOES and chop coarse, cut BELL PEPPERS into
strips about 1 inch by 1/4 inch, split CHILIS in half lengthwise
and mix all.
- Break up the LIVERWURST and mix with thawed PEAS. Cut
OLIVES crosswise in half if small, crosswise into thirds if large
and mix in.
- Hard boil EGGS for garnish, chill well and shell. Cut them into
slices (a wire egg slicer works best).
- Drain Beef well, discarding excess marinade.
- Heat Oil in a coverable sauté pan. Stir in Beef
and fry stirring until lightly browned. Remove from the oil and set
- In the same oil, fry the Onions until translucent.
- Return Beef to the pan. Stir in Water, Bay Leaves,
Tomato Sauce, Salt and Palm Sugar (if used) and
simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Stir in Potatoes and continue simmering until beef and potatoes
are tender, about another 40 minutes.
- Check liquid. Stir in the Tomato mix and continue simmering
for 10 minutes more.
- Check liquid, it shouldn't be too dry. Stir in Liverwurst mix
and continue simmering for another 5 minutes.
- Check seasoning and serve hot, garnished with Egg Slices and
accompanied by steamed Jasmine rice.