Chilis, red (1)
Lemon Grass (2)
Fish Sauce (3)
Prep - (25 min)
Run - (15 min)
- Cut LONG BEANS into 1-1/2 inch lengths.
- Slice BEEF 1/8 inch thick and cut into strips about 2 inches
long by 1/2 inch wide. Bring some water to a boil, add the Beef Strips,
bring back to a boil for a minute, drain and rinse off the crud (see
- Slice GINGER very thin and cut into very thin matchsticks.
Core CHILIS and slice into fine strips (or thin rings if a long
form chili). Mix.
- Remove tough outer leaves from LEMON GRASS, cut off the hard
root end, pound well with your kitchen mallet and slice the bottom 4
inches very thin. Chop fine and mix with Ginger and Chilis.
- In a wok spacious sauté pan heat Oil and fry Chili
mix until aromatic and blended with the oil, then stir in Beef.
Fry stirring until you see the first trace of browning (see
- Stir in the Beans and fry stirring another minute.
- Stir in Coconut Milk, Fish Sauce, and Stock.
Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until Beans are just tender.
- Serve hot with steamed Jasmine rice.