Thai Basil Leaves
Eggplant, small (1)
Bell Pepper, green
Chili, hot (2)
Green Curry Paste (3)
Fish Sauce (4)
Prep - (20 min)
Run - (15 min)
- Separate the BASIL LEAVES from the stems and start them soaking
in a bowl of cold water. This will help keep them green and attractive
when added to the curry.
- Cut BEEF into 1/4 inch thick medallions about 1 x 2 inches. To
keep the curry a nice color bring plenty of water to a boil, stir in and
separate the beef medallions and bring back to a boil. Strain out and
rinse off the crud.
- Cut EGGPLANT into 1/4 inch thick slices and keep in cold
water acidulated with a little lemon juice or citric acid. Cut the
BELL PEPPER into narrow strips about 1-1/2" long and mix
- Cut HOT CHILIS into narrow strips.
- In a spacious sauté pan heat Oil and fry
Green Curry Paste gently until completely blended with the
oil and fragrant but not browned.
- Stir in the Beef, then stir in Coconut Milk and bring
up to a boil.
- Stir in Fish Sauce and Eggplant mix. Bring back to a
boil and simmer until eggplant is tender but not mushy, 10 to 12
- Stir in the Chili strips and turn off the heat. Drain
Basil Leaves and stir them in, then serve immediately with
plenty of steamed Jasmine rice.