Red Chili (2)
-- Serve with --
Prep - (30 min - 20 min work)
Run - (15 min)
- Slice BEEF thin across the grain and cut into strips about
1/4 inch wide.
- Crush GARLIC and chop small. Pound to paste in a mortar along
with Black Pepper.
- Massage all Marinade Items into Beef and set aside for
at least 20 minutes.
- Cut SHALLOTS in half lengthwise and slice crosswise very thin.
- Separate CHOY leaves and tender tips from the stems. Slice
stems diagonally, size depending on thickness of choy stems. Cut or
tear leaves into convenient strips. Keep separate.
- Seed CHILIS and slice thin.
- Slice GINGER very thin, then cut slices into thin slivers.
- Squeeze LIME JUICE.
- In a wok or spacious sauté pan heat OIL and fry
Ginger until aromatic, then stir in Beef and fry stirring
over high heat until beef has completely lost its raw color and any
exuded liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in Shallots and fry stirring until soft.
- Stir in Choy Stems and fry them stirring for from 1 minute
to 3 minutes depending on size and toughness.
- Stir in Choy Leaves until coated with oil, then stir in
Stock and Fish Sauce, bring to a boil and simmer covered,
stirring just once or twice for as long as it takes for your choy
stems to be crisp tender, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in Chilis until well distributed, then stir in Lime
Juice and immediately take off heat.
- Serve with plenty of steamed Jasmine rice.