Rice Noodles, wide (1)
Broccoli, Chinese (2)
Fish Sauce (3)
Sugar (opt) (4)
Soy Sauce (5)
-- Serve with
Chili Vinegar Sauce (6)
Chili Garlic Sauce
Prep - (20 min)
Run - (15 min)
- Separate and cut fresh RICE NOODLES 1 inch by 3 inches. If dried,
- Slice BEEF very thin in pieces about 1" x 2".
- Cut BROCCOLI leaves into 2 inch pieces. Cut stems
at a very shallow diagonal into "horse ears" about 1/4 inch thick at
the base end increasing to 1 inch at the thin end. Keep stems separate
from leaves and tender tips.
- Chop GARLIC medium.
- Beat EGGS medium.
- Mix together All Sauce items.
- Everything must be ready - this will go very fast.
- In a wok or spacious sauté pan heat 1/2 T Oil over
moderate heat and pour in Eggs. Tilt the pan toward you and push
the eggs up away from you until they are no longer runny but not
overcooked. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1-1/2 T Oil to the pan. Fry the Garlic stirring
until the first hint of color, then turn the heat to very high and stir
in Beef and Broccoli Stems. Fry stirring until the
Beef is cooked through and Stems are crisp tender.
- Stir in Broccoli Leaves until well wilted, Then stir the
Eggs back in, breaking them up into shards until they are well
- Distribute Noodles over the top and stir them in very quickly
until reasonably well distributed, then pour the Sauce mix over
and stir it in quickly.
- Serve immediately.