Chicken meat (1)
Fish Sauce (4)
Prep - (25 min + Pineapple if fresh)
Run - (45 min)
- Cut CHICKEN into pieces about 1-1/2 inch to a side. Toss
with the Salt and set aside.
- Carve PINEAPPLE (if fresh) and cut into smallish bite
- Scald TOMATOES in boiling water 1 minute, quench in cold
water, peel, and cut into cubes 1/2 to 3/4 inch on a side.
- Quarter ONION lengthwise and slice thin crosswise.
Crush GARLIC and chop fine. Mix
- Heat 1 T Oil in a spacious sauté pan and fry
Onion mix, stirring until Onions are translucent
and Garlic bits are lightly browned. Remove Onion mix from
the pan, leaving as much oil as you can behind (probably about none).
- Add 1 T Oil to the pan and fry Chicken, stirring
until lightly browned. Most of the browning may be on the bottom
of the pan - don't wory about that, but go to the next step if it
starts to become a dark chocolate color.
- Return Onion mix to the pan along with Tomatoes,
Coconut Milk and Pineapple. bring to a simmer, cover
and simmer for another 15 minutes or until Chicken is tender.
Adjust liquid if needed.
- Stir in Fish Sauce.
- Serve hot with plenty of steamed Jasmine rice.