Chicken Meat (1)
Turmeric root (2)
Thai Chili (3)
Prep - (1-1/2+ hrs - 25 min work)
Run - (55 min)
- Cut CHICKEN into pieces of the desired size, 1-1/2 inch on a
side is usually good.
- Peel TURMERIC and slice thin. Peel GARLIC and crush.
Slit CHILES open lengthwise. Mix together all
- Massage Broth into Chicken and marinate for about
1 hour, tumbling now and then, or 3 hours to overnight in the fridge.
- Place Chicken and Broth in a large coverable pan.
Bring to a boil carefully - coconut milk foams up something
fierce! Simmer, tumbling now and then,until chicken is cooked
tender, about 20 minutes for cut pieces, about 30 for on-the-bone.
- Strain out the Chicken. Set aside and keep warm.
- Bring Broth to a fast simmer until reduced to a light
sauce consistency. It should be fairly liquid for service with rice,
and keep in mind it will firm up a bit as it cools.
- Strain out Bay Leaves, Chilis and Turmeric and
- Return Chicken to the Broth and simmer long enough
- Serve with steamed Jasmine rice.