Fish Sauce (2)
Red Chili (3)
Prep - (25 min)
Run - (20 min)
- Cut CHICKEN into bite-size slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut MUSHROOMS into slices about 1/8 inch thick. If using
fresh Shiitakes, soak them in water for 20 minutes, drain and wring
- Cut tough ends from ASPARAGUS, then line up the tips and cut
into three sections. Keep the three sections separate.
- Crush GARLIC and chop fine. Slice GINGER thin
crosswise and chop fine. Mix.
- Cut CARROTS into sticks about 1/8 inch thick by 1-1/2 inches
long. Slice BAMBOO SHOOTS into narrow strips similar to the
carrot sticks. Mix both with mushrooms.
- Cut SCALLIONS into 1 inch lengths up to the green part.
- Cut green Scallion tops thin on a steep diagonal for garnish.
Core CHILIS and cut into shreds. Mix.
- Mix Soy Sauce, Fish Sauce and Stock.
- In a sauce pan bring Water to a boil, put in the thick ends
of the Asparagus and cook 1-1/2 minutes, then put in the middle
section and cook for another minute. Finally put in the tips and cook
for 4 minutes more. Take off the heat and add enough cold water to
stop the cooking but hold the asparagus warm.
- Heat OIL in a wok or large sauté pan and fry
Garlic Mix until garlic shows a trace of color, then stir in
Chicken and fry stirring until chicken is opaque.
- Stir in Mushroom mix and fry stirring until well
distributed, then stir in Sauce Mix. Bring to a boil and
simmer covered until carrots are cooked through but still firm,
about 7 minutes. Stir in the Scallions (white part) when
- Drain Asparagus and stir in to distribute evenly.
- Garnish with Scallion / Chili mix and serve with steamed