Pork Spare Ribs (1)
Fish Sauce (2)
Oyster Sauce (3)
Palm Sugar (4)
Oil for Fry
Coconut Water (5)
Chili Sauce (6)
PREP - (30 min)
RUN - (45 min)
- Separate PORK RIBS and cut into lengths desired, generally 1-1/2
to 2 inches. A sharp Chinese cleaver knife driven by a soft faced mallet
is perfect for this.
- Crush GARLIC and chop very fine. Chop SHALLOT very fine.
Mix together and pound to paste in a mortar. Mix All Marinade
Items. Stir in Pork Ribs and marinate, tumbling occasionally,
for 20 minutes or more.
- Crush GARLIC and chop small. Slice ONION into narrow
- In a wok heat Oil to at least 360°F/180°C and fry
Pork Ribs in batches until lightly browned. Drain on paper
towels and set aside.
- Pour out the oil and clean the wok. Pour in the Coconut Water
and bring to a boil. Stir in the Pork Ribs and simmer covered,
stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes (see
- Uncover and simmer down until there are only a few tablespoons of
- Stir in Onion mix, Chili Sauce and Pepper. Fry
stirring until the liquid is gone and the ribs are frying.
- Serve hot, garnished with Cilantro.