Pork Spare Ribs
Hoisin Sauce (1)
Fish Sauce (2)
Five Spice (3)
PREP - (50 min - 20 min work)
RUN - (15 min)
- Separate PORK RIBS and cut into lengths desired, generally 1-1/2
to 2 inches. A sharp Chinese cleaver knife driven by a soft faced mallet
is perfect for this. Place them in a pan with plenty of water and bring
it to a boil for about 2 minutes. Pour out, rinse the ribs.and clean
- Place Pork Ribs back in the pan with water to cover, bring to
a boil and simmer about 40 minutes. This will make the meat tender and
soften the cartilage to edibilty. Drain well and set aside. The broth
can be reserved for some other use.
- Mix All Sauce Items..
- Crush GARLIC and chop very fine. Slice GINGER very thin
and chop very fine (or grate). Mix.
- Remove BASIL LEAVES from stems, tear into shreads and soak in
plenty of cold water until needed. This will keep them green longer
when added to the recipe.
- In a wok or sauté pan heat Oil, stir in Pork Ribs
and fry stirring over high heat until lightly browned (about 5 minutes),
then stir in Garlic mix and fry stirring until garlic is crispy
and medium browned.
- Stir in Sauce mix and tumble so all ribs are well coated.
Continue to fry stirring over high heat until liquid is evaporated,
sauce is carmelized.
- Take off heat, drain Shreded Basil, stir into the ribs and
finish with a sprinkling of sesame oil.
- Serve hot with plenty of napkins and finger bowls or wet towels.