Pig Tails (1)
Kidney Beans (2)
Habanero Chili (3)
Make - (3-3/4 hrs + bean soaking time)
- Soak KIDNEY BEANS 8 hours or overnight in water with 1/2 T
salt. Simmer them in water to cover for however long it takes to make
them tender (maybe 1-1/2 hours unless beans are old) - check
- Brown the PIG TAILS moderately. I suggest coating them with
oil and browning in the broiler or on the grill rather than in a pan
with oil, because pig skin splatters oil rather explosively, which
results in a mess and possibly serious burns.
- Place Pig Tails in a pot with water to cover well, bring to
a boil and simmer until pig tails are tender, about 1-1/4 to 1-3/4
hours depending on how tender you want them
- Meanwhile: Peel TOMATOES and chop medium.
- Chop ONION fine. Crush GARLIC and chop fine. Mix.
- Chop CHILI fine and toss in with the tomatoes.
- When Pig Tails are done: Drain them and cut them into
the size pieces you want. I suggest about 2-1/2 to 3 inches.
- In a large sauté pan, heat Oil over moderate heat and
fry Onion mix until onions are translucent but not at all
browned, then stir in Tomatoes, Chili and Thyme.
Fry stirring until tomatoes are cooked down and the oil starts to
- Stir in cooked Kidney Beans and 1 cup of Water until
well distributed. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes stirring once or
- Season to taste with Salt and Pepper. Fold in
Pig Tails and simmer until heated well through.
- Serve hot with plenty of long grain rice.