Chili, Thai (2)
Coconut, fresh (3)
Curry Powder (4)
Prep - (30 min)
Run - (50 min)
- Cut CHICKEN into large bite-sized pieces if boneless. or as
noted in Note-1.
- Chop ONION small. Chop CHILIS fine. Slice GINGER
very thin and chop fine. Mix all with Salt.
- Chop TOMATOES small. Dice BELL PEPPER small. Mix.
- Grate Coconut and stir into Tomato Mix.
- Chop SCALLIONS small.
- Chop MINT for garnish.
- In a large coverable sauce or sauté pan mix Chicken,
Onion Mix and Coconut Milk and bring to a boil uncovered
(coconut milk boils over like cow milk).
- Stir in Tomato Mix and bring to a boil, then cover and simmer
slowly until chicken is done (about 30 minutes). Stir once or twice.
- Remove Chicken and most of the vegetables and keep warm.
- Boil the sauce down to the consistency you want (generally not too
thick for serving with rice).
- Mix in Yogurt and Scallions. Bring up to a simmer
gently over moderate heat. At this point you may pour the sauce over the
chicken in a serving bowl, or return the chicken to the pan and mix with
- Garnish with chopped mint leaves and serve hot with plenty of steamed
long grain rice.