Olive Oil, ExtV
Olives, black (3)
Preserved Lemon (4)
- Cut LAMB into chunks about 1-1/2 inches on a side.
- Crush GARLIC and chop fine, grate ONION or chop very
- Place Lamb in in a coverable enameled iron casserole or
spacious stainless sauté pan. Mix in all Aromatic items
and 1 c Water. Bring to a boil and simmer tightly covered for
1-1/2 hours or until very tender, stirring frequently and making sure
it doesn't dry out.
- Shave strings from CELERY (if needed) and cut in half lengthwise
(or thirds if quite large), then into 2 inch lengths. Peel
CARROTS and split in half lengthwise (or quarters if very
large) and cut into 2 inch lengths to match Celery. Mix.
- Pit OLIVES.
- Cut PRESERVED LEMON into strips about 1/4 inch wide and
remove seeds. Some discard pulp, others don't. I just cut out the center
strand with shears.
- Squeeze LEMON JUICE.
- When Lamb has simmered until very tender (1-1/2 to 2 hours),
stir in Celery Mix and add water if needed. Simmer another 10
- Stir in Olives and Preserved Lemon. Continue to simmer
for 10 minutes.
- Stir in Lemon Juice. If you have left the pulp on the
preserved lemon use 1-1/2 T, if you used only the peel use 2 T.
Take off heat.
- Arrange Lamb in the center of a platter. Arrange Vegetables
around (or just leave it all mixed and say the servants took the day
off) and keep hot.
- Quickly boil down liquid to a light sauce consistency (if not already
there) and pour over Lamb and Vegetables. Serve hot with
Couscous or Rice.