Black Mushroom (1)
Chicken Meat (2)
Sesame Oil, dark
Prep - (1 hr - 25 min work)
Run - (40 min)
- Soak MUSHROOMS in cool water for at least 1 hour. Drain,
remove stems and slice caps into strips about 1/2 inch wide.
- Cut CHICKEN into large bite size chunks.
- Slice GINGER very thin. Cut slices into threads, then cut
threads crosswise into tiny pieces.
- Chop ONIONS coarse. Crush GARLIC and chop fine.
- Peel CARROT and slice diagonally into 1 inch lengths.
- Peel POTATOES and cut 3/4 inch cubes. Hold in cold water
- Cut SCALLIONS into 1-1/2 inch lengths.
- Mix Water, Soy Sauce and Sugar.
- Drain Potatoes.
- In a wok or spacious sauté pan, heat Oil. Stir in
Chicken, then Ginger. Fry stirring over high heat
until all raw color is gone and exuded liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in Onion mix and fry stirring for another minute.
- Stir in Soy Sauce mix, Carrots, drained
Potatoes, Mushrooms and Scallions. Bring to
a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until Chicken is tender,
stirring now and then. There should not be a lot of liquid left,
adjust as needed.
- Stir in Sesame Oil. Simmer for about 2 minutes and take
off the heat.
- Serve hot with plenty steamed rice (medium grain). My favorite is
Kokuho Rose from California.