Swiss Chard, white (2)
Hon Dashi granules (3)
Udon Noodles (4)
Prep - (30 min - 15 min work)
Run - (10 min)
- Soak MUSHROOMS in warm water for 1/2 hour. Discard the stems
and slice the caps into 1/8 inch strips.
- Rinse or soak WAKAME (see Note-1) and cut
it into strips about 3/8 inch wide and 1-1/2 inches long.
- Remove the central rib from CHARD and cut into strips about
3/8 inch wide and 3 inches long. Weight is measured after removing
the big central rib.
- Slice CABBAGE leaves crosswise about 3/8 inches wide. Slice
SCALLIONS thin crosswise (white and green). Mix both with
- IF using dried Udon noodles, cook in boiling salted water
same as any other noodles. They should be cooked softer than Italian
pasta. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Bring Water to a boil and turn off heat. Stir in Dashi
and Salt, then Mushrooms and Vegetable mix. Bring
back up to just short of a simmer for as long as it takes for the
Cabbage stems to be crisp tender, then stir in Wakame and turn
- Meanwhile: Bring water for the Udon to a boil.
- Drop Udon into boiling water long enough to heat through. Use
tongs to distribute into serving bowls.
- Use tongs to distribute vegetables into the serving bowls, then a
ladle to distribute the broth.
- Serve hot.