Red Chili, fresh (2)
Curry Leaves (3)
Mustard seeds (4)
Urad Dal (5)
PREP - (20 min)
RUN - (15 min)
- Break the CAULIFLOWER into rather small florets.
- Slice the SCALLIONS into 1/4 to 3/8 in pieces including the
green part, chop the CHILI fine and mix both with Turmeric,
Salt and Curry Leaves.
- In a spacious sauté pan or wok, heat Oil and stir in
the Mustard Seeds. When the seeds start to pop stir in the
Urad Dal and fry stirring until dal is very lightly colored.
- Stir in the Scallion mix and fry stirring for about 10
seconds, then stir in Cauliflower and fry stirring until
cauliflower is fairly uniformly yellow from the Turmeric, add 1/2 cup
Water, bring quickly to a simmer, then cover and simmer over
low heat, stirring just once or twice, until Cauliflower is just getting
tender, about 8 minutes.
- Uncover, turn heat up and and let the water evaporate. Continue to fry
turning only a couple of times until ingredients are just starting to
brown. Resist the urge to stir too much or you'll mush your
- Check salt to taste and serve hot.