Red Chili, dry (2)
Oil, Mustard (3)
PREP - (20 min)
RUN - (25 min)
- Trim the BEANS tip and tail, but leave whole.
- Peel the POTATOES and cut lengthwise into matchsticks less
than 1/4 inch square. Keep in cold water until needed (see
- Crush GARLIC and chop fine. Crumble CHILIS. Mix.
- Squeeze LEMON JUICE.
- IF using Mustard Oil, heat it until you see the first
wisp of smoke, then cool quickly for a couple minutes. Do not do
this for any other kind of oil.
- Heat the Oil and stir in Mustard Seeds. When the
seeds are mostly popped, stir in the Garlic Mix until garlic
just starts to color, then stir in Green Beans and
Potatoes until coated with oil. Fry them for about 5 minutes,
keeping heat moderate to prevent burning. Turn them just a few times.
- Add 1/3 cup Water and Salt. IF you are not
using mustard oil, stir in 1/4 t Mustard Powder. Cover and
simmer slowly for about 10 minutes until vegetables are done.
- Uncover and continue cooking to evaporate liquid until the
vegetables are almost dry. then sprinkle with Lemon Juice