Fish Fillets (1)
-- Spice mix
Oil for Fry
Prep - (25 min)
Run - (35 min)
- Cut FISH into pieces about 1-1/2 inch by 1-1/2 inches or
whatever works with your fish.
- Chop ONION fine.
- Slice GINGER very thin and chop fine.
- Grind together Cinnamon and Cloves in your spice
grinder. Mix all Spice mix items.
- Chop CILANTRO medium. Chop whatever kind and amount of
GREEN CHILI you want and mix with Cilantro.
- Lightly dust the Fish pieces with rice flour.
- In a well seasoned iron skillet, heat about 1/16 inch of Oil
and fry fish until lightly browned, turning once. Fry in batches so
the pan isn't crowded and add oil if needed. Drain and set aside.
- In a spacious sauté pan heat 1-1/2 T Oil and fry
Onions stirring until an even medium golden color, then stir
in the Ginger and fry another minute. Stir in Spice Mix
for another 15 seconds or so, then stir in Yogurt and turn
- Run Onion Sauce in a food processor until quite smooth.
- Return Onion Sauce to the sauté pan, bring to a simmer,
adjusting liquid as needed (the onions will absorb quite a lot of
water and you don't want this too dry). Taste for salt. Evenly
distribute the Fish pieces in the pan and bring back to a
simmer. Cover and simmer for about 4 minutes until fish is cooked
- Garnish with Cilantro and Green Chili. Serve hot
with plenty of steamed Basmati rice.