Chili Powder (2)
|Prep - (15 min)
Run - (35 min)
- Cut FISH into pieces about 1-1/2 inch on a side by whatever
thickness your fish is. If you use carp make the pieces more than 2
inches on a side (see Note-1). Tumble the pieces
with a little Salt and set aside until needed.
- Grind Coriander to powder and mix with Chili Powder and
Water to make a paste.
- Prep TAMARIND if using block form (see Note-3).
- Chop CILANTRO for recipe and pull leaves from stems for garnish.
- Chop ONION coarse. Crush GARLIC and chop fine. Mix.
- Scald TOMATOES 1 minute in boiling water, quench in cold
water, peel and cut into about 1/2 inch dice.
- In a spacious sauté pan heat Oil over moderate flame
and fry Onion mix until onions are soft, but no browning.
- Stir in the Fenugreek Seeds until aromatic.
- Stir in Chili Paste and fry stirring until well distributed
and aromatic, then gradually stir in the Tamarind until well
- Stir in Tomatoes, Tomato Paste and 1/4 c Water.
Bring back to a boil, cover and simmer, stirring now and then, for
about 15 minutes until tomatoes are very soft.
- Stir in Fish, bring back to a boil and continue to simmer
covered for another 8 minutes, or so.
- Check for Salt, then stir in Cilantro and take off
- Serve garnished with Cilantro leaves and along with plenty
of steamed Jasmine rice.