- Cut ONION in half lengthwise and slice thin.
- Cut tough stems from FENNEL and set aside any feathery greens.
Slice bulb in half lengthwise, then crosswise fairly thin.
- Peel PARSNIPS and slice fairly thin.
- Heat Butter and fry Onion until translucent but not at
- Add Vegetable Broth, Fennel and Parsnips. Simmer
slowly until soft, about 30 minutes.
- Strain vegetables from broth keeping both broth and vegetables.
- Keep aside enough feathery greens for garnish, toss the rest and all
the vegetables in a food processor and run until purée is nice
and smooth. Add some of the broth as required for efficient processing.
- Pour broth and pureée back into the pot. Bring back to a boil
and stir in Salt and Pepper. Add more broth if needed
for consistency. Turn off heat and stir in Cream.
- Serve garnished with feathery fennel greens and/or a fresh grind of