Veal Breast (1)
Olive Oil ExtV
Wine, dry white
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Grind together Salt, Pepper and Coriander Seed.
- Remove any excess fat from the VEAL BREAST. Rub it all over
with Pepper mix. Let rest a bit while you prepare other
- Split ONION in half lengthwise, peel and slice medium. Chop
CELERY and CARROTS coarse. Mix all with Parsley
and spread it out in a coverable roasting pan or casserole.
- Rub Veal Breast all over with Olive Oil, then place over
the vegetables, flat side up and so it's level on top. Pour in
Stock and Wine. It should almost cover. Cover
tightly and slide into the oven for 2 hours.
- Uncover Veal Breast and continue in the oven until browned on
top and fork tender, about another 1 hour.
- Remove Veal Breast from pan and keep warm. Strain pan juices
and discard solids. Defat the liquid (use your gravy separator).
- Place Juices in a sauce pan and reduce by about 1/2 over
medium high heat.
- Mix Cornstarch and Water. Stir into sauce pan and
cook a few minutes until a little thickened. Check for seasoning and
adjust if needed.
- Remove Rib Bones (if any) from Veal Breast (they should pull out
easily). Slice into thick slices. Arrange on a serving platter and
pour just a little of the sauce over.
- Serve hot and pass the remaining sauce in a gravy boat.