Rice flour (2)
Crayfish or (4)
-- Serve With
Fried Egg (5)
Prep - (45 min)
Run - (55 min)
- Cut CHICKEN into largish bite-size pieces. If using whole
bone-in joints, cut the large ones into two pieces. A razor sharp
Chinese cleaver knife and soft faced mallet are perfect for this.
- Lightly powder the Chicken pieces with Rice Flour -
emphasis on "light". In a heavy iron skillet heat Olive Oil
(Pure or Pomace, not Virgin) and fry chicken until lightly browned all
- Heat Brandy in a small pan, set it on fire and pour over the
chicken. Remove the chicken to a bowl.
- Shell CRAYFISH TAILS (or whatever shellfish you're using, if
any). Depending the intended serving style you may leave them whole or
cut them into two or three pieces.
- Slice MUSHROOMS about 1/4 inch thick.
- Slice ONIONS fairly thin crosswise then chop medium.
- Crush GARLIC, slice and chop small.
- Chop PARSLEY.
- Toast your Toast (if used).
- In a Coverable sauté pan heat Oil and fry Onions
until translucent but not at all browned. About half way to that point
stir in Garlic.
- Stir in White Wine, Stock and Tomatoes. bring to
a simmer. Stir in Thyme, Parsley, Cayenne and
Salt. Stir in Chicken and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Stir in Mushrooms and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Taste for Salt, adjust liquid if needed and stir in
Crayfish, bring back to a simmer for about a minute and turn off
- Set a toast on a plate. Ladle chicken and sauce over the toast. Garnish
with Crayfish (if left whole) and top with a fried egg.